History of the firm
The practice was founded in 1884 in Birmingham
by Charles Ketley, later to become Forrester Ketley & Co.
Soon after, it established a second office in London.
In 1978 the partners of Forresters combined
with the partners of Boehmert & Boehmert, a German firm of
patent attorneys and lawyers, to form the partnership Forrester
& Boehmert which handled European Patent applications. The
partnership had offices in Munich, close to the European Patent
Office. The Forresters' patent attorneys spend regular periods in
our Munich Office, to familiarise them with the EPO and the
city. That practice continues today.
In 1992 the partners of Forresters founded
Forrester Mostek, which provided Intellectual Property Services in
the Russian Federation and other former USSR Republics. We continue
to provide those services to the present day.
In 2008 Forrester Ketley & Co, Forrester
& Boehmert, and Forrester Mostek, all rebranded as Forresters.
The firm captured its ethos in the strapline, "Clear
In October 2008, Forresters went into partnership with Potts
Kerr & Co, an IP practice in North West England. Adding to our
well-established offices in London and Birmingham, this new
association gave us greater presence across the UK.
In 2012, we took the decision to cease to trade
as Forrester & Boehmert and Potts Kerr & Co, and became
Between 2011 and 2013, we moved premises of all four of our
offices. The new offices are modern premises in the heart of
the four cities Birmingham, Liverpool, London